During our meeting about forming your new company we were asked by you – “What do I need to do now?”
The answer: “You need to set up a company and it needs to be done right. You will risk losing the protection of a company if it’s not properly set up”.
You wanted to know if it should be an LLC or a Corporation.
Another good question. You need to next speak with these two people and ask them:
- Accountant: Q) What type of entity do I need to form?
- Insurance Agent: Q) What type of insurance do I need for this business?
The accountant told you to create an LLC.
So, we prepared these documents for you:
- Certificate of Formation. We filed this with the State under the name “Your Business, LLC”.
- Organizational Meeting Minutes. You are the sole Member and named yourself as an Officer.
- Company Agreement. This contains all the details of LLC operation.
- Obtain a Company Manual and completed Membership Certificates
We sent your accountant the filed Certificate of Formation and received an EIN for the LLC.
Then, you opened a new bank account using the EIN number and LLC documents. It’s off to the races now.